- Personal information refers to any information that identifies or relates specifically to you and your dependants, if applicable, such as your name, age, identity number, contact details, gender, information you use to register on the website and banking details.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Whenever you use the website, complete an application form, contact Blunt Architects electronically or use one of the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered by Blunt Architects on the website, Blunt Architects will be in possession of your personal information.
- Blunt Architects will only disclose, collate and process (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission unless we are legally permitted or required to do so.
- Blunt Architects will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclose to you, unless you give Blunt Architects your express written permission to do so or unless Blunt Architects is permitted or required to do so by law . Blunt Architects will not sell or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use without your consent.
- By using this website to register or apply online for any Blunt Architects products or services, or to contact Blunt Architects electronically, including through social media, you provide Blunt Architects with your express written permission to share your personal information with Blunt Architects’s service providers, in the ordinary course of Blunt Architects’s business, including the purpose of providing you with the relevant products and services. You may revoke this consent in writing at any time. Should you revoke this consent, Blunt Architects will only be able to share your information with our service providers as permitted in terms of the law.
- Blunt Architects collects your personal information for, amongst others, the following reasons, namely to:
- Process your instructions or requests;
- Meet your needs. For this purpose Blunt Architects may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you for research and statistical purposes. We may also use your personal information to personalise and tailor our services to meet your needs;
- Send you promotional material or details, which we think may be of interest to you once we have collected and analysed your personal information; and
- Conduct market research.
- The information that you provide to Blunt Architects will be held in Blunt Architects’s systems, which are located at Blunt Architects’s premises or those of a contracted third party.
- Blunt Architects shall take all reasonable steps, including the implementation of appropriate security safeguards, to protect the confidentiality of your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information concerning Blunt Architects’s beneficiaries is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- If you use the website, you must keep your access details (including your username and password, if applicable), confidential and not allow other people to use them. You accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your access details or password and accept responsibility for sharing your user name and password. You also agree that any use of your access details shall be regarded as if you were the person using such information.
- Blunt Architects is not responsible for any representations, information, warranties or content on any third party website (including any third party website linked to this website or websites that serve as social networks like Facebook and Twitter). Blunt Architects does not exercise control over the privacy policies of these third parties and you should refer to their privacy policies to see how they protect your privacy.
- Blunt Architects shall take reasonable steps to ensure that its service providers, who have access to your and your dependants’ personal information, if applicable, keep such information confidential.
Correction of and Access to Personal Information
- Should you wish to update or correct any personal information held by Blunt Architects, you can e-mail us or phone client services.
- You may obtain a copy of your personal information by following the procedure described in our Information Manual. Access to this information is subject to the provisions of applicable legislation.
- Blunt Architects will retain your and your dependants’ personal information as part of its records for as long as it is required for lawful purposes, as may be required by legislation and for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to the requirements of the law.
- The website uses industry-wide technologies, such as “cookies”, to collect information about the use of our website, your preferences and past browsing history. “Cookies” refer to information that is sent from the Website to your hard drive, where it is saved. This will allow us to improve our services and your experience when you use the website again.
- The website and all information, content, tools and materials are provided by Blunt Architects “as is” and on an “as available” basis without warranty of any kind.
- Blunt Architects does not guarantee the operation of the website, the information content, tools or materials on the website. You agree to use the website at your own risk.
- Blunt Architects does not guarantee that the website, information, content, tools or materials included on the website, its servers or any electronic communications sent by us are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Although Blunt Architects is fully committed to providing you with the best possible service, we are not responsible for:
- Any interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information due to a power failure, equipment or software malfunction, natural disasters, fire, labour unrest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Blunt Architects, or
- Any inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information obtained from the website or supplied by you.
- We shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, punitive and/or consequential loss or damages that may arise from:
- Any of the events described in this clause;
- Any links to other websites from the Website. You also acknowledge that we cannot control the content of or the products offered on those websites;
- Denial of access to the website should we have reason to believe that you are conducting activities that are illegal, abusive, would affect the integrity of the website or place Blunt Architects in disrepute;
- Your use of the website; or
- Your reliance on any of the information, content, tools or materials that you obtain from the website.